Test Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Buffalo, NY, US
The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for development and execution of test strategies, plans, scripts, and cases supporting a large retail food client. The Lead will manage a self-contained testing lab on a CGI site with a team of 3 additional testers, responsible for the manual functional and regression testing of software updates, releases, and new features of a Point of Sale (POS) system.
The Lead will oversee the management of the existing 550 client test bases, ensure traceability of test cases back to requirements for new teste cases developed, and will lead the test execution portion of the project serving as the main client point of contact.
The lead will be accountable for test execution planning, test environment planning, status reporting, defect tracking, and POS vendor coordination. The QA Lead will also function as a hands-on Software Tester / Quality Assurance Analyst responsible for design review and software testing. The role requires technical acumen, testing expertise and experience with the retail food domain and POS systems.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex testing effort.
- Minimum 5 years of Test Lead experience
- Experience testing retail point of sale systems.
- Experience in coordinating testing in large multi-platform environments involving complex integrations and geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience developing structured test plans and detailed test cases through analysis of complex business and technical requirements and high level design deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize testing based on risk.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration abilities.
- Experience mentoring others in QA best practices.
- Experience with Structured Test Planning, QA Tracking software.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Experience with testing POS systems; experience with Info/Vivonet specifically is a plus
- Experience testing mobile applications, kiosk transactions and credit card payments
- Experience using Freedom Pay, Cbord Odyssey and CS Gold
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Technology or a related field or 8+ years of related field or equivalent work experience
- Develop test strategy and test plans including task schedules and resource assignments.
- Manage test resources’ work assignments and deliverables.
- Lead vendor coordination during the test cycle.
- Ensure coordination for core product defect fixes and product configuration defect fixes.
- Review project requirements and define the test strategy.
- Manage the creation and updating of test cases.
- Obtain and manage all test data required for test execution.
- Ensure that testers evaluate discrepancies between expected results and actual results of test execution.
- Ensure that defects are appropriately recorded.
- Manage the defect lifecycle. Provide dashboard reporting and trend analysis as appropriate.
- Provide test execution status reporting.
- SQL Server
- Point of Sale
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.