Technical Writer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Montréal, QC, Canada
CGI is changing the way we build and maintain technology for our clients. We need a strong technical writer to help us create exceptional technology operations experiences for our customers.
As we reform our organization, cultural fit is of paramount importance. We’re looking for someone who can evolve our product documentation with the same values we hold dear.
To be successful you should be able to take the lead on technical documentation and with product managers and developers to define the tools and practises needed to help you produce great documentation. You will need to be a strong writer who pays attention to the details while understanding the big picture. You also have some familiarity with cutting edge technology and a good foundational knowledge of IT systems and processes. While you of course have great communication skills, should be able to communicate in a respectful and humble way.
Come join our new and fervently entrepreneurial team which is revolutionizing the way CGI does business. You will help shape the future of CGI.
• An opportunity where you will be able to directly define how documentation is produced for multiple user personas - eventually in multiple languages
• Many opportunities to improve the lives of our employees and customers by presenting complex technical instructions in an approachable manner
• An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
• Perform user and technical research to understand what users need to accomplish
• Develop documentation guidelines
• Write and review documents for clarity and brevity as well as consistency, spelling, grammar and formatting
• Work with product development teams in an Agile manner
• Create technical frameworks for producing documentation in multiple formats and languages
• Participate with product teams in planning, designing and testing
• BA in writing
• High degree of bi-lingual fluency in French and English
o Additional fluencies in Portuguese, Spanish or German will be highly desired
• 2-4 years of technical writing experience
• Advanced knowledge of specific documentation tools used by web centric development teams
• Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
• Montreal, Canada (preferred)
• Toronto, ON
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.
Learn more at: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers