Technical Lead - DataStage Technical Lead - DataStage Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Montreal or Toronto, QC, Canada
As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change - supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
Would you like to grow an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-moving environment where they work closely with our internal and external clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and our business while keeping up the standard of being leaders in the industry. You will develop your career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
- 7+ years of application programming and analysis experience required with DataStage v8.5 or higher;
- In depth knowledge of common QA standard methodologies, principles and processes, Unix/Linux Scripting, Toad.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent work experience.
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards required;
- Ability to understand users' business requirements and translate them to specifications;
- Experience with designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies;
- Occasional overtime required to meet project time lines
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills, Proven leadership, Analytical skills, Autonomous, Solid teammate, Customer oriented, Excellent written and verbal communications, Ability to extract specifications from clients.
- In-depth experience redefining system requirements into technical requirement; Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, plus a flexible approach to tasks and the working environment; Ability to provide coaching to junior employees
- Bilingual (French/English).
- Perform analysis, design, development and testing of various application components on IDR;
- Craft and execute development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Provide Technical Lead support; produce effort estimates, technical documentation, stay attuned to the newest technologies;
- Supervise a team of technical developers (onshore and / or offshore);
- Provide domain expertise and technical direction to the developers;
- Review work of development team and responsible for code quality;
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions;
- Resolve critical production issues;
- Work with customers when required;
- Collaborate closely with the Business to ensure the development team meets business expectations and plan future changes to achieve improvements.
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.