Technical Consultant Technical Consultant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Mississauga, ON, Canada
CGI is recruiting for a Senior Consultant for Network mediation, which has previous experience working in the Telecoms space.
• Collect, Analyse and Review the Business Requirements Specifications and use cases for customer requirements.
• Design end-to-end IT solutions for projects, integrating multiple systems (bespoke and COTS) and ensuring that designs adhere to agreed design standards and methods
• Provide technical leadership on projects, managing application designers to ensure the coherency of end-to-end designs
• Ensure that compliance to design is tracked through the project life-cycle through to deployment
• Manage the solution design throughout the project life-cycle through to deployment, ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved throughout the process
• Ensure that proposed technical changes are assessed appropriately for the impact and cost to IT systems
• Ensure that the end-to-end design documentation is maintained and kept up to date
• Provide technical leadership, governance and architecture guidance and for IT's strategic technical direction in line with the company's overall business strategy
• Actively participate in implementation of new usage reconciles.
• Act as the contact for Mediation Support Team.
• Analyse, resolve or escalate critical ‘tier 3’ operational issues to relevant teams and own the issue through to resolution.
• Attend cross-functional team meetings to assess business changes that affect the mediation system.
• Manage and provide input for projects that directly or indirectly affect the mediation function.
• Troubleshooting any h/w and Application s/w reported problems.
• Ability to analyse and recommend required system performance tuning.
• Understanding requirements and perform the following, :
o QA Requirement Analysis
o Project Estimation
o Impact Assessment
o Test case design
o Test execution
o Status reporting
Ideally, you should possess this experience:
• University degree - engineering or IT/telecoms preferred.
• 5-7 years of experience in OSS/BSS system such as Oracle, Amdocs, CSG
• 3-4 years of experience in cloud based transformation program
• Thorough knowledge of OSS/BSS solutions and telecom business processes is a must
• Architect large systems – providing guiding principles to deployment teams in right-sizing of servers for hardware, databases and applications – providing inputs to internal teams and COTS vendors in a system-integration environment. This includes cloud and bare-metal hosting.
• Ability to map business processes to solution requirements – knowledge of TMForum Frameworx including Open APIs
• Relevant experience in mediation systems within the mobile telecommunications industry.
• Hands on experience of performing a solution design or enterprise architect's role in a Mobile Telecom organisation
• Proven experience in deploying complex BSS projects/programs
• Ability to technically lead complex projects throughout the complete IT lifecycle (Analysis, Architecture, Design, Build, Test & Production).
• Ensure quick turnaround of Customer Mediation queries.
• Past software development experience with enterprise grade software is mandatory
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
• Knowledge of S/W development processes and methodologies along with project management exposure is desirable and more specifically agile ways of working
• Product evaluation using standard based framework or through custom developed framework.
• Strong understanding of different Java standards and enterprise framework.
• Strong experience in pre-sales and solution designs.
• Must have experience in RHEL/Unix, SQL and Oracle.
• Functional knowledge of container platforms Dockers , OpenShift and/or Kubernetes.
• Deep understanding of microservices architecture and DevOps principles is required
• Should be able to handle Dynamic customer change requests.
• Well equipped with Agile & Waterfall Methodologies.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
• Ability to solve technical issues quickly and independently.
• Strong analytical / problem solving ability
• Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
- Technical Architecture
- Technical Analysis
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.