Storage Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ottawa, ON, Canada
The Client has a requirement for a Storage Specialist (the “Resource") to provide ongoing support, Architecture, Operational Support and Continuous Improvement of the Client’s Enterprise Backup and Restore, virtual Storage Area Network (vSAN) policies, and Network Attached Storage (NAS) environments. The Resource must also be familiar with Windows CIFS/SMB, NFS and iSCSI protocols, as well as be authoritative in Windows and Unix file system privilege structure and design. The Resource works closely with the Windows, UNIX, VMware and network infrastructure groups to ensure the highest level of availability of storage, and data protection support to the general client population. This will require full-time effort weekly throughout the duration of the engagement. The Resource will be required to perform weekend and/or weeknight work on occasion.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University Degree or College Diploma in computer science, management of information systems or engineering
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience maintaining and improving SAN and NAS
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the following domains:
• File Systems and NAS Protocols (CIFS, NFS, iSCSI)
• Commvault Infrastructure and Data Protection Policies
• Storage area networking, including technologies such as NetApp OnTap, EMC Isilon, EMC RecoverPoint, HDS VSP and VMWare vSAN
• Familiarity with Storage Resilience, Replication and dealing with Latent Sites
• NetApp NAS (replicating using Snap Mirror and Snap Vault)
• Disk management practices for performance and reliability (e.g., RAID grouping, I/O performance enhancements)
• File system and file share best practices
• Demonstrated work experience in the following domains:
• Enterprise backup and recovery practices and technologies (CommVault, Veritas NetBackup, StorageTek tape libraries, NetBackup Deduplication or equivalents)
• Debugging storage appliances, SAN switches, operating systems, backup failures and network issues
• Windows and UNIX/Linux environments
• The Resource must currently hold or be eligible for “Secret Clearance". The Resource must maintain this level for the duration of the contract
• English essential
• Demonstrated experience with converged networks
The Resource will be responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
• Architect and/or adapt storage solutions for application and infrastructure transformations.
• Lead in planning and delivering file system transformations.
• Establish a strategy for data/file system management on and off premises (i.e. cloud).
• Lead and/or participate in the provisioning and maintenance of storage capacity and infrastructure according to the Client’s storage management guidelines and policies
• Support operations resources on the Client’s Enterprise Backup and Restore policies and systems
• Provide day-to-day support and maintenance of the Client’s storage platform to ensure consistent storage of pertinent information.
• Plan evergreening of hardware/software.
• Plan and coordinate the implementation of system enhancements
• Build and maintain second and third-level MOPs (Methods of Procedure)
• Participate in the design, development and implementation of storage solutions to meet business requirements
• Lead various architecture and transformation projects to enhance the platform
• Proactively research incidents and problems, and recommend solutions to enhance the capacity of the storage systems
• Perform quality assurance activities, including problem analysis, testing and debugging
• Evaluate new storage requirements
• Develop and document the Client’s specific backup and storage management operational processes and procedures
• Provide proactive recommendations to clients for improving storage operations
• Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of storage infrastructure
• Coordinate infrastructure changes with the various client groups to ensure success
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.
Learn more at: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers