Sr. Java AWS Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX, US
We are looking to hire a Sr. Java AWS Engineer to work with our dynamic team at Austin, TX!
Developer will work on a team of truly talented individuals and be responsible for the design, build, and unit testing of IT applications and its components that interface with complex enterprise systems and external vendor systems.
Developer must be a highly motivated, well-rounded, self-starter that works best in a collaborative, dynamic, agile environment. Excellent communication skills both written and oral are also essential as this position will interface with remote scrum teams, business owners, enterprise architects, security, infrastructure, and end users via email, phone, IM, desktop sharing, and wiki.
• Developer should be very familiar with advanced concepts and have relevant, hands-on experience in many of the following areas to be a successful contributor on the team:
• Java ,Java Spring, Struts Framework
• Service Oriented Architecture (SOA, Web Services, REST API )
• XML , XLST , XPath Programming
• Build and Deploy tools like Git , Maven , Jenkins
• Database development & tuning (PL/SQL/XQuery)
• Application Performance (threading, indexing, clustering, caching)
• Strong Computer Science Fundamentals, Knowledge of data structures and big O notation
• Unit Testing and Performance Tuning Application
• Protocols like TCP/IP. HTTPS and HTTP.
• Lambda functions
• EC2, VPC implementation
• Splunk, Cloudwatch
Nice to have
• Angular JS ,Spring boot, Kafka, MongoDB, Micro Services , Cloud Deployment
• Sonarqube, Veracode
• Healthcare insurance domain knowledge
• Analytical Skills: Candidate must be able to recognize the needs of customers and create simple solutions that answer those needs.
• Communication: Candidate must be able to clearly communicate their ideas to peers, stakeholders, and management.
• Creativity: Creativity is needed to help invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications as well as bringing experience from other industries.
• Customer-Service: If dealing directly with clients and customers, candidate would need good customer service skills and consultant mentality to answer questions and fix issues.
• Attention to Detail: Applications have many parts and all must work together for the application to function.
• Problem-Solving: As issues come up, candidate must be able to make decisions that move the project forward.
• Teamwork: Candidate must work well with others as part of a distributed agile (SAFe) team of developers, analysts, QA, and more.
• Technical Skills: Candidate must be adept in computer languages and have strong technical aptitude. Must have a solid knowledge with common design patterns should seek out opportunities to implement design patterns.
• Leverage existing open source frameworks, third party components/libraries, cloud and commercial software to develop robust enterprise solutions.
• Design and Develop Software applications , features and defect fixes
• Champion and practice Agile Principles
• Write Unit Test, Perform Code reviews and participate in Scrum meetings, Contribute to low level design of the features/ user stories.
• Analyze User Stories and Requirements and provide solution design
• Work closely with Dev Team, Test team, Product Manager and Business Analyst to collaborate, review and deliver high quality software applications.
• Have a mindset for best practices like unit testing , code coverage and dev-Ops
• Support and enhance existing applications used by consumers as well as operations staff.
• Be able to evaluate performance of applications and deliver solutions which are efficient and performant.
• Enable a 360 degree view of customer-centric information through integration of a multitude of internal/external systems, mobile apps, devices, and data marts.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.