Sr Data Governance Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Baltimore, MD, US
Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
CGI Federal is seeking a Data Governance Analyst to research, develop the Data Governance Strategy and operationalize the data governance strategy for the Social Security Administration in Woodlawn, MD. We are seeking individuals who have implemented Data Governance Strategy in the federal government.
SSA has taken several steps already to meet the OMB’s directives specific to Federal Data Strategy. This resource will support SSA with the following:
1. Review what SSA already has in place.
2. Create a data governance strategy.
3. Provide data governance best practices.
4. Recommend steps for operationalizing the strategy.
• Master’s degree and 8+ years of experience OR BS/BA degree and 14+ years of experience
• Senior level experience working in a large-scale data enterprise environment
• Expertise in data governance practices and issues related to management of enterprise information assets
• Strong ability to analyze business requirements, solve problems, and model current and future state business processes and data domains/entities
• Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
• Strong technical proficiency and demonstrated ability with data management technologies such as data quality profiling tools, data catalog, and master data management
• Ability to perform basic project management functions such as project plan development and resource / time estimation of tasks
• Demonstrated consulting skills, including communication, culture change and performance measurement design
• Establish an enterprise data governance strategy
• Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework
• Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards
• Document, assess, influence and synthesize business requirements to develop, enable and advance data governance and stewardship capabilities
• Define indicators of performance and quality metrics
• Develop and deploy quality control processes dealing with the data flows in EDW
• Maintain and promote key data governance deliverables/assets, including data policies, data standards and data management roles and decision frameworks.
• Provide leadership and guidance to SSA Management
• Research governance issues identified by stakeholders, and determine the appropriate processes to mitigate
• Suggest tools to support automating the governance processes
• Support SSA in implementing the data governance strategy
- Data Analysis
- Govrn Risk and Compliance Prof
- Data Quality Management
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.