Solutions Architect-Smart Grid Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Denver, CO, US
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! Come be part of our team who supports a top global utility practice, serving 250+ utility providers in electric, water, and natural gas, including 8 of the top 10 in both Europe and North America. Their dress is business casual; Flexible work hours but, culture leans toward an earlier workday (i.e. - there will not be many people in the office at 5:30pm); Enterprise uses Skype for communication; and most of our team works from home on Fridays, although the official policy is to work on site.
CGI is seeking a Solutions Architect - Smart Grid (T&D) - Utilities to lead the technical components and coordinate technical work within a team of vendor, internal IT and Business resources in the on-time, on-budget delivery of a multi-million dollar project for the electric distribution line of business. Project scope consists of working with business and IT resources to implement an Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS). This project is a component of the broader Advanced Grid Intelligence & Security (AGIS) Initiative that is being implemented. Responsible for coordinating software configuration, integration development, testing and deployment, and vendor technical activities. Works on multiple project areas concurrently; identifies and implements productivity improvements; mitigates risks, resolves issues and troubleshoots as needed.
This career opportunity can be located in Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN! Will also consider "Travelers".
• Experience in operational technology and real-time systems, system availability and performance, and impacts to customers
• Information Technology/Operational Technologies experience within Transmission and Distribution Organizations: Energy Management System (EMS), Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), Grid Intelligence & Security (GIS), Outage Management System (OMS), North American Electric Relability Corp (NERC), Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
• Minimum 2 recent years of energy company related experience.
• Must have in-depth and up-to-date knowledge in at least two areas of IT including service oriented architecture, business process modeling, information architecture, business architecture, technical architecture, architecture technology standards, architecture governance, full systems development life cycle, and enterprise architecture frameworks.
• Strong verbal, written, coordination and presentation communication skills are required.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to dissect complex problems and processes and drive solutions and supporting documentation.
• Experience within a formal PMO IT Software delivery environment and have experience with the delivery of large scale IT/OT projects from end to end.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science or technology or related experience including 10 years work experience in designing and implementing new large-scale systems across multiple hardware and software platforms, IT architecture and related functions at a large corporation.
• **Travel may be required once a month**
• Leads design workshops, assessments, and planning sessions. Reviews and approves technical designs.
• Leads and monitors end-to-end technical implementation, including hardware installation, environment setup, production certification, software deployment, integration development, testing and deployment, data management, and vendor technical activities.
• Serves as liaison to other teams involved in project, coordinating integration work.
• Translates functional requirements into technical configuration documents; assesses impact on existing applications.
• Architects solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring adherence to architecture standards. Creates and maintains architecture and other design artifacts.
• Provides technical insights on business area specific technology. Assures there is trace-ability from requirements to design to as-built solution.
• Provides technical leadership and architectural direction to project team concerning end-to-end life-cycle management of technical solutions. Manages technology footprint.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders on IT solutions and mediates compromises. Facilitates decision process, requirements, pain points and challenges knowing relevant industry trends and gains consensus.
• Works closely with IT Security to ensure adherence to security standards.
- Implementation Management
- Solutions Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.