Software Engineering Consultant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Washington, DC, US
Service Desk / End User Services
Join committed, skilled and passionate people in the Sunflower Sector of CGI Federal! Our fast growing team is seeking software engineers to work in the Washington, DC metro in the asset management industry on software implementations and customer support. We are looking for naturally curious and detail-oriented individuals who can work both independently and as part of a team to meet deliverables in a timely and efficient manner. Work duties include on-site customer support, system design and development, customization, system integration, system infrastructure support including system patching and maintenance, data migration, and code deployment. All technical team members receive Sunflower software and asset management training prior to providing customer support.
Who we are:
Sunflower is a sector within CGI Federal that offers enterprise asset management solutions specializing in the deployment of software tools and business processes to simplify asset management tasks. Our portfolio of solutions enables organizations to improve decision-making, accountability and regulatory compliance for all types of assets including personal property, real property, IT assets, materials, vehicles, weapons, and more. The Sunflower Asset Management solution is a web-based and mobile enterprise asset management software system used by federal agencies, contractors, national labs, state and local government organizations, and higher educational institutes.
• Bachelor’s Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
• Programming skills in a language such as Java, C/C++, or Python
• Minimum 3 years of experience in SQL and PL/SQL
• Analytical ability and creativity to analyze and implement software solutions that meet business and functional requirements.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and collaborate with on-site and remote teams.
• Hands on experience to design, code, test, debug, maintain existing or new interfaces, extensions, customizations and reports
• Performance analysis and tuning of reports, interfaces, customizations.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Detail-oriented multi-tasker.
• Work closely with customers and functional team members to assist in gathering requirements, developing and documenting the design, developing the solution, unit testing, and implementing technical solutions such as interfaces, extensions, and customizations.
• Identify and resolve application issues.
• Work as a member of a team on software implementations or operations and maintenance engagements.
• Support the development of new software and tools to enhance the company’s software and product offerings.
• Assumes quality assurance responsibility and necessary documentation of assigned tasks.
• Works aggressively to develop his/her technical skills, and learns from more experienced team members.
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.