Software Developer – Campus Recruiting Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lebanon, VA, US
Do you have a demonstrated interest in information technology and a passion for learning? Are you a go-to problem solver that is motivated to make a difference by tackling complex technical challenges leading to the creation and design of cutting edge solutions for our clients? If so, joining CGI as a Software Developer could be the ideal opportunity for you.
As a Software Developer you will join one of our many account teams and work in a highly collaborative environment to provide expertise in designing, developing and executing solutions to enhance the quality of IT products and services for our clients. At CGI, you can explore your full potential – not confined by borders or pre-defined paths. You’re empowered to solve problems in your own unique way which is not only valued and respected but encouraged.
What you’ll need (requirements):
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
• Experience with SQL, Java, C++, J2EE, C# and/or .Net development
• The ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly
• A great attitude and desire for learning
• Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
• Develop technical prototypes and assist in the creation of software documentation including requirements, design, and user manuals
• Understand and apply software design patterns
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things
• Develop software solutions for business problems by leveraging the latest tools, such as Microsoft .NET, Java, and open source technologies
• Develop database, ETL, and reporting solutions by leveraging the latest database technologies
• Participate in peer-led engineering and code reviews
• Develop an understanding of the benefits of quality assurance within enterprise software applications
• Assist in the development and execution of test cases and system test plans
What you’ll gain:
• Involvement in the technical components of a client project and exposure to business issues
• Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
• Knowledge of computer systems and the latest technologies
• Ability to work closely with developers, designers, business and systems analysts
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.