SOC Tier II Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rockville, MD, US
Cyber Security Consulting
CGI Federal is searching for SOC Tier 2 Analysts to support a client contract in Rockville, MD. The Tier 2 Analysts shall have demonstrated professional experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or cyber forensics, and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience working with various security methodologies and processes; advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols; experience configuring and optimizing various technical security solutions; extensive experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices; and expert knowledge in two or more of the following areas related to cybersecurity:
• Vulnerability Assessment
• Continuous diagnostics and mitigation
• Intrusion Prevention and Detection
• Access Control and Authorization
• Endpoint Protection
• Application Security
• Protocol Analysis
• Firewall Management
• Incident Response
• Advanced Threat Protection
• Data Loss Prevention
• Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain an agency specific clearance
• Monitor and analyze network traffic and alerts.
• Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits.
• Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident.
• Conduct proactive threat research.
• Perform incident triage.
• Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
• Create a final incident report detailing the events of the incident
• Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to US government agencies.
- Security Operations Center
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.