SOC Tier 3 Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rockville, MD, US
Cyber Security Consulting
CGI Federal is looking for a SOC Tier III/Lead who has experience in SOC Operations, Technical expertise and client relationship management to support a federal client in Rockville MD. This role is highly technically hands on and requires a broad depth of knowledge as well as the ability to share knowledge within the team. In this role you will be responsible for the day to day operations and management of the SOC to maintain a smooth efficient Security Operations Center. You will have the opportunity to communicate with our clients and management and add value by identifying new opportunities or growing business. This is a rewarding position that will provide both the opportunity for leadership and the ability to display your technical mastery in the SOC.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years concentrated in the field of cyber security operations and incident response.
• Experience working with or supporting the Federal Government (preferably in a Federal SOC environment)
• Able to meet eligibility requirements for government security investigations
• Expert Level Knowledge of at least 5 of the following security tool categories:
SEIM, Network IDS/IDP, Endpoint A/V & EDR
Email Protection, IR Workflow & Automation, Vulnerability Assessment & Pen Testing
Threat Intelligence, Network & Malware Analysis, Web Proxy and DLP
• Ability to analyze log files, packets and other security tool records for a diverse variety of systems.
• Understanding of how Virtualization, Operating Systems, Middle Ware, Software Development Engineering and Network protocols function.
• Familiarity of reverse engineering techniques, understanding of behavior, capabilities of malware, rootkits.
• Broad knowledge of security technologies, processes and strategies and Federal security controls and guidelines such as FIPS and NIST
• Knowledge of security policy and technical standard development, secure infrastructure design reviews, multi-tiered trust zone structures, and complex networking through multiple level network security structures
• Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead and work as part of a team
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication and client facing skills
• One of the following certifications: CISSP (preferred), CISM ,PMP, CEH, Security+,
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
• Ability to deliver under pressure and prioritize and multi-task effectively
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays in the event of an incident response emergency
• Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain an agency specific clearance
• Determine and classify the severity of alerts and assess potential impacts.
• Report and investigate potential security incidents.
• Provide recommendations to clients for containment and eradication of threats.
• Maintain Intrusion Detection/Prevention signatures.
• Update security operations processes and procedures.
• Assist in IT security investigations, exercises and tests.
• Research, consultation with colleagues and training to maintain awareness of trends in new security threats, technologies and regulations.
- Cyber Security Consulting
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.