Senior System Administrator - DevOps Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Montréal, QC, Canada
The ideal candidate has mad coding skills with a detailed knowledge of Windows and Linux systems. He/She thrives in a highly technical role where the challenges are as diverse as they are abundant. If you have this unique combination of coding and IT skills then you may be our perfect candidate!
• Private & Hybrid Cloud Architectures
• VMWare ESX (Hyperviser)
• Dev Ops Continuous Integration and Delivery
• Private and Public Cloud experience with many of the following:
• VMWare vRealise
• Ansible Tower
• MS Azure
• CloudFoundry or OpenShift
• CM Experience – Puppet is ideal, but will look at Chef, Ansible or Salt
• Expertise scripting in Python, Bash, PowerShell etc.
• Experience integrating RESTful APIs across multiple technologies
• Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge a plus
• Previous roles in QA or QA Automation a plus
• Technology related bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred.)
• 5 years of senior level server administration experience in a large-scale production environment.
• 3 years cloud administration experience in development and production environments
• Strong understanding of agile development workflow and process.
• Strong understanding of quality assurance methodologies, workflow, and process.
• Deep understanding of centralized (n-tier) and decentralized (microservices) application models.
• Experience with deployment of configuration management and automation solutions
• Expertise in building scalable, high performance development and production infrastructure systems
• Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
• Proficient in scripting and programming languages.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the DevOps Team, the DevOps Engineer is expected to work with Dev, QA and Production Operations to serve as a technical SME responsible for the IT Infrastructure and Platform as a Service offerings.
• Design, build and execute against client's Infrastructure (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings
• Ingrate and help define requirements for client's Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings
• Automate all aspects of infrastructure and platform services
• Create the design, implementation, and ongoing management of systems that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability.
• Serve as a senior technical escalation point for critical pre-production issues and drives escalation/resolution of problems into Development, QA, and Operations teams.
• Collaborate with development to design in-house monitoring tools/software for managing the SCM and Development Operations environments.
• Adopt, customize and implement best practice DevOps policies and DevOps procedures.
• Provide Sr. Management with metrics and other reporting materials for the executive team.
• Work closely with strategic planning groups to provide future technologies direction that fits executive vision.
• Develop and define processes and procedures to proactively manage all pre-production and production environments.
• Work with multiple in-house and external Software Configuration Management (SCM) teams to assist in new architectural needs and optimize existing environments to improve workflow and productivity.
• Helps to build, automate and monitor our infrastructure
• Accelerates Engineering Team productivity by creating scripts, tools, utilities or code to address issues with new projects and existing operational procedures
• Develops codes, builds systems and tools to automate deployments and operations tasks more effectively and consistently
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.
Learn more at: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers