Senior Support Analyst Senior Support Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Halifax, NS, Canada
Service Desk / End User Services
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Senior L3 Support Analyst on the eReporting Services team, the successful candidate will:
• Work with the L3 Support team to support and maintain the platform.
• Work on a variety of requests and tickets.
• Independently design, develop, test and troubleshoot Java programs and Unix shell scripts.
• Work with infrastructure teams to monitor and debug application and infrastructure issues.
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the software development lifecycle (SDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required.
• Work with team members to prioritize and manage your own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
• Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A University degree or a Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 5+ years experience application development using Java/J2EE. Certification is an asset.
• 5+ years experience with Unix shell scripting (Korn, Perl).
• 5+ years experience within Unix environments with extensive knowledge of Unix commands and processes, performance metrics, HA concepts.
• 5+ years experience in any RDBMS, DB2 preferred.
• Hands on experience with IBM CMOD or related Digitization platform is an asset
• Good understanding of storage disks, file systems, encryption and key management and file transmission.
• Extensive knowledge of WAS and HIS as well as Security Architecture concepts.
• Experience with Content Management Architecture and ability to correlate with other ECM interfaces.
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Critical eye for detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Proven ability to mentor and coach junior team members.
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Content Management
- Shell Script
- Java Enterprise Editions JEE
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.