Senior SecDevOps Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Reston, VA, US
As members of the SAFe Agile team, the SecDevOps Engineers work closely with development, test, analysis and product owners to understand the requirements that drive the design of quality technical solutions. The function of the DevOps team is to champion the collaboration and communication between development, test, and IT operations in order to establish a culture where building, testing, and releasing software happens rapidly and frequently with minimal re-work, that is process improvement driven and utilizes metrics to increase efficiency.
• 5+ years experience
• Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
• Bachelors in a technical field.
• Senior Skill Level
• Five or more years' of combined experience in engineering lifecycle software solutions.
• Experience maintaining and enhancing infrastructure as code with technologies including but not limited to cloud formation, terraform, puppet, codedeploy.
• Five or more years' experience in Python, R, Ruby, and other scripting languages
• Experience developing and maintaining complex systems that involved integrating COTS, GOTS, and Open Source components.
• Three or more years' experience maintaining Sponsor's enterprise operation systems.
• Experience using knowledge management and code repositories including but not limited to Github, Gitlab, Jira, and Confluence
• Demonstrated leadership qualities through prior experience working with senior management to find solutions for customers and leading teams performing IT software development.
• Experience performing software development for Government programs of similar scope and complexity.
Desired Qualifications :
• Masters degree
• One or more Cloud certifications such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer
• Three or more years' experience in maintaining infrastructure in a cloud environment support of data science activities, including but not limited to Anaconda, Databricks, Tableau.
• Ability to write or refactor software code to facilitate deploying applications to standalone compute resources, and the Sponsor's commercial cloud environment.
• Familiarity with the Sponsor's security accreditation process.
o Support development and system operational support teams of AWS systems at the application, access, database, and monitoring level:
o Designing schema, access patterns, and locking strategies
o Modifying the database structure
o Proactive and reactive performance tuning
o Archiving data
o Generating ad hoc reports by querying the database
o Maintaining system security
o Controlling user access to the database
o Parameter configuration and tuning
o Job scheduling
o Alerting and Troubleshooting
• Master a multitude of open source platforms and cloud technologies (AWS RDS for PostgreSQL, AWS RDS Management Console, AWS CLI, OpenSCAP, Jenkins, GitHub, Splunk, Liquibase, etc.)
• Effectively collaborate and coordinate with Agile team, reaching across functional silos to achieve objectives
• Develop and enhance Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Deployment and automated infrastructure provisioning DevOps fixtures including build processes, and generating SQL scripts.
• Perform database documentation as needed.
• Troubleshoot build failures, environment issues and technical blockers with Agile team members
• Provide communication to Agile team members to manage expectations and schedule coordination
• Demonstrate DevOps concepts to customers and team members
• All other duties as assigned or directed
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.