Senior Network Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfax, VA, US
Calling all those looking to expand their horizon in the world of enterprise networking. Do you enjoy fixing problems for others? Are you looking to expand your skills in an enterprise environment? Working on our Network Operations Team might be the right career move for you.
We support the day to day operations for an enterprise network that encompasses multiple Data Center sites with offices across the United States. The technology we support includes a large Cisco based solution along with other technology vendors covering LAN, WAN (including SD-WAN), telecommunications and remote access.
Bachelors degree plus 5 years of experience or equivalent experience in lieu of education.
• Proven experience with enterprise level LAN, WAN design, implementation and support
• Experience with network capacity planning ,network security, and general network management best practices
• Proven ability to configure and maintain routers, switches, and access points
• Strong knowledge of networking management and analysis tools
• Strong technical knowledge of current and legacy network hardware, software, protocols and internet standards
• Understanding and ability to create technical documentation, schematics and diagrams
• This role requires other duties as assigned including working "on call" shifts, nights & weekends.
• 2-4 years of experience in related field or as a network administrator/engineer
• Industry standard certifications such as: CCNA or CCNP
• Working knowledge of VoIP architecture, voicemail, and call management systems
• Working knowledge of SD-WAN technologies
• Provide support for the overall network infrastructure; including performance testing, gathering statistics and reporting on them
• Support VoIP infrastructure including call management system, voicemail, and physical telecom devices
• Create and maintain documentation on network configuration and circuit identification
• Create and maintain policies and procedures for new network deployments and network turndowns
• Collaborate with senior staff to manage network capacity in support of our strategic plans
• Actively monitor ticketing systems and email for new support inquiries and requests. Respond to issues in a timely manner, communicate necessary information to relevant support teams & impacted staff, and document resolution
• Proactively conduct performance testing for network continuity, ensuring that all circuits and networking equipment is operating at peek potential
• Provide on-call support on a rotational basis and as required when critical issues arise
• Physical installation and configuration of networking equipment, including routers, switches, and other networking devices.
• Support office openings, closings and reconfiguration in various locations across the country
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.