Senior Agile Project Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Regina, SK, Canada
Are you as much about “people management" as “project management"? Does the thought of corralling a herd of developers give you happy dreams? Do you look down your nose at those “I don’t want to get my hands dirty!" project managers? Then you’re hired.
You’ll be successful in this role because:
- You’ve been there, done that. An agile project with tight deadlines is routine.
- You eat scrum for breakfast.
- You love application development and can act as a product owner as well as a PM.
You’ll want to work with us because:
- We are growing, rapidly.
- We treat our members as people. As owners.
This role in particular is interesting if you like different projects, some of which are fully agile, with the twist that you as the PM get to act as the product owner. You’ll work with an experienced team to deliver tested code every two weeks and work with the business areas to refine the vision and requirements for the product.
We are seeking a Intermediate to Senior Project Manager who has a minimum of 7 years of experience managing medium to large scale application management and development projects in a complex environment. Strong experience with PMBOK aligned Project Management Methodologies and experience with Agile is necessary.
- Successfully graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in related field;
- PMP certification
- Experience in agile development;
- A minimum of 10 years IT related experience;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Enough technical wherewithal to be a “hands-on, attention to detail" PM, not just a red/yellow/green PM;
- Industry expertise in Financial Services and/or Insurance is preferred; and
- Strong problem solving and decision-making.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills;
- Managed medium to large scale application development projects in a complex environment for a minimum of 5 years; and
- PMBOK aligned Project Management Methodologies experience.
• Application Management;
• Application Development ;
• Business Analysis;
• Joint Application Development;
• PMBOK-Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMI);
• Project Management Professional;
• Requirements Analysis;
• UML (Unified Modeling Language); and
• Use Cases
- Development of project proposals, project charters, and project management plans;
- Managing the time and effort of the project team;
- Ensuring proper change, scope, risk, and expectation management are applied;
- Act as a senior member of the account team, assisting with long-term relationships and vision;
- Act as the product owner in Agile development, ensuring that the delivered product meets the needs of the business
- Client Management
- Project Management
- Application Development
- Joint Application Development
- PMI Project Management Prof
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Client Delivery
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.
Learn more at: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers