Section Leader- CPC Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Charleston, SC, US
Under the direction of the Contract Processing Supervisor, Passport Agency Director or designate, lead a team involved in all phases of passport processing, customer service and PRISM functions. Includes planning, directing and coordination of the daily activities of mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, bookprint, quality control, customer service functions such as searches, re-writes, re-issues, re-mails and all PRISM functions. If requested by government management, assure that a sufficient inventory of passports and other supplies are on hand to meet current and anticipated demand. Responsible for resolving administrative, personnel, and operating problems associated with management of employees in their job in order to assure timely issuance of passports.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize workload for small teams and possess good organizational skills
• Ability to effectively and politely interface with the public and provide excellent customer service
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply regulatory material and internal controls
• Bachelor’s Degree (or) 4 years of experience as a Support Associate Level II or III (or) 4 years of experience in managing teams, and;
• Six (6) years of general office experience, including;
• Two (2) years of supervisory experience, including;
• Four (4) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, and;
• Demonstrated customer service experience, and;
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, assign, delegate, prioritize, and organize workflow duties of a team.
The Section Leader leads and manages a team of Support Associates. Responsibilities include setting work priorities and ensuring a smooth transition of work between the various teams. If requested by Government management, ensure that a sufficient inventory of Passports and other supplies are on hand to meet current and anticipated demand. The Section Leader serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in critical roles and frequently liaises with onsite Government Management. Critical roles such as, Passport services’ processing work functions (mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, book print/card print, quality control and PRISM), customer service, fraud, cashier, passport product control, and supervise at any level within the Agency/Center. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan, direct, and coordinate the daily activities of mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, book print/card print, quality control and PRISM. Plan and follow established procedures and methods to meet changing processing requirements
• Provide regular operational feedback, management meetings, status updates, attendance reporting, training records, and other production activity reporting
• Perform workload management in all Passport task areas to include, Mail Open, LB/Scanning, Image Review, Book Print, Quality Control, Mail Out, PRISM or Customer Service
• Notify the Passport Support Manager of any problems or issues with staff adherence to procedures, any internal controls violations
• Monitor workload and make recommendations to the Government on how to divide work among support staff
• Monitor contractor personnel performance and ensure that work is performed in accordance with performance standards, established procedures, and internal controls
• Assist with prioritizing will calls, expedites, and routine work
• Assist in training contract personnel in their duties and tasks, helping to constantly improve the training process/procedure
• Make recommendations to the Government to improve processes and assist with problem solving and continuous improvement
• Maintain flexibility to meet organizational production and service goals, as required by the workload, and per the direction of the Government
• Maintain control and oversight of blank Passport books/cards and other accountable items
• In the event that the Passport Support Manager is absent for any reason, for a period no longer than two weeks, a Section Leader may serve as Acting Passport Support Manager.
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.