Python Full Stack Developer-Lafayette, LA or Bloomfield, CT Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bloomfield, CT, US
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a Python Engineer ?
CGI is seeking a Sr Python talent with strong frontend UI experience with modern software engineering practices (Continuous Integration & Continuous Development, Behavior / Test Driven Development – BDD, TDD) and respective tools, to become a part of a dynamic team located in Bloomfield, CT OR New York OR Lafayette, LA ! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, to learn new technologies.
This Python Developer/Engineer will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
· Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities
· Design, develop, code, test, and debug of software applications.
· Continuously improve software engineering practices
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
· Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
· Ensures that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
Minimum of 5 years of Python development experience
o Experience in developing full stack python applications that are scalable, robust, and thoughtfully designed
o Extensively experienced with python technologies like
• Python Data Manipulation packages Pandas, Numpy, Impyla, Marshmallow, Alembic, SQLAlchemy, psycopg2-binary and PySpark.
• Web Development packages Django, Flask, Flask-Migrate, Flask-RESTPlus, Flask-SQLAlchemy, Requests, Gunicorn, web2py and PyJWT.
• Python Messaging Queue Packages Celery, Redis and Flower.
• Python Storage Packages Boto, Boto3 and s3.
• GUI Development packages PyGObject and PyQt.
• System Administration packages Ansible and OpenStack.
• Package managers and Python distributions: Anaconda, pip
• Python Testing Frameworks: PyTest, Unittest and Nose
• Python Code quality check packages Pylint, Bandit, Pep8 and Flake8
• Python Grammar checker Antlr
o Experience with one or more sql databases and must have experience working with large data sets
• RDS Aurora
o Experience in deployment platforms
• Jenkins (CloudBees)
• Please Build
• Helm Charts
o Experience with Linux systems (bash)
o Experience with Git
o Experience with TDD & BDD
o Excellent troubleshooting skills
o Experience with AWS is must. The candidate must have at least thorough understanding of aws.
NICE TO HAVE
o Prior Healthcare Industry experience
o AWS Certification
o Object-oriented languages: C, C++, Java or any other OO compiled language
o Big data experience with Hive, Impala, Scala & Kafka
o Scripting languages: Java Script & Type Script.
o Web development frameworks: Angular, React, Node.js, Django and Flask etc.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Project
Management or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of experience with Core Python development
• 5+ years of experience with Oracle / DB2 / Teradata databases
• Good in writing advanced Python programming
• Good in writing Complex SQL Queries
• Should be in position to write the unit test cases in Python in order to test the code
• Should be in position to understand the python code and know the best practices of coding in python.
• Having Basic Hadoop knowledge, GIT, Jenkins, Udeploy awareness is preferred
• Experience working on Linux systems
• Experience with the following web framework is beneficial: Django/Pyramid/Flask/Web2py
• Experience with the following tools is beneficial: IDLE, Pycharm and VS Code.
• Software engineering experience (design, coding, testing, deployment and support).
• Must have experience in using code scanning tools such as Sonarqube or Fortify.
• Working experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery desired.
• Strong understanding of testing and development techniques.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to find the root cause for complex issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight to 10 or more years of solid IT experience with minimum 5 years of Python Development experience.
• Responsible for design, development, and implementation of application solutions using python.
• Serve as senior python resource in development team’s efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient.
• Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure efficient application build solutions are implemented.
• Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's usecases with highly efficient and reliable application considering the changing infrastructure and technology.
• Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
• Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations.
• Extensively build and modify python applications and processes to migrate existing databases from on premise to AWS.
• Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
• Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
• Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
• May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
• Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.