Proposal Writer/Editor Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfax, VA, US
Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
Be a part of a dynamic and high-performing proposal group here at CGI. Our team of 30 proposal professionals works on strategic corporate opportunities to support critical IT and mission support programs for a wide variety of U.S. Government agencies. You will work with an impressive group of technical experts, marketing professionals, and dynamic leaders to craft compelling and substantive proposal responses for our customers.
Within CGI’s Federal Proposal Group (FPG), teamwork is paramount. We have a team-oriented culture, environment, and infrastructure that expects and values high performance and achievement, but is fully supportive of a desirable work/life balance. Members have the autonomy to manage their schedule and their individual assignments as appropriate. Working from home when feasible and/or adjusting schedules as necessary based on the workload is encouraged. You operate in a cooperative and collaborative environment where you will learn from the best and be a mentor for others. An ideal environment for the right, high-performing Proposal Writer.
Minimum 4 years overall professional writing experience – can include internships, part-time jobs, or work as a contributing writer and/or editor of a publication. Relevant documents include sales documents, white papers, case studies, proposals; Web or newspaper/magazine content.
• Experience writing competitive proposals in the Federal Government space is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in English or other Liberal Art
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical and management approaches
• Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
• Ability to adapt and be flexible with changing requirements; ability to work under pressure and beyond standard hours to meet submission deadlines
• Ability to comfortably and professionally interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Shipley Associates or other industry training a plus
• Familiarity with Privia and MS SharePoint a plus
The Proposal Writer/Editor writes and edits proposals in response to Government solicitations. This individual works with proposal managers, opportunity pursuit leads, account teams, and subject matter experts to analyze solicitations, determine proposal requirements, develop the response strategy, and submit a compliant, responsive proposal. They work autonomously as well as collaboratively, managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
This individual supports strategic messaging, tailors proposal content, and contributes to the strategy and/or editing of management, technical, past performance, and other volumes as appropriate. The position is required to work with CGI and/or subcontractor personnel to develop proposal narrative, past performance qualifications, resumes, technical and management volumes, and other proposal documentation. In addition, this individual is required to contribute content to the knowledge management platform, posting new content regularly and updating existing content as required.
• Provide writing and editing support and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs, TOs, and RFIs; assume Book Boss or Volume Lead responsibilities as assigned
• Develop storyboards, outlines, and other documentation associated with the proposal development process
• Participate in color team reviews and recovery, solution meetings, and other collaborative events to further the proposal development process
• Conceptualize graphics that drive or support written material
• Conduct interviews with key personnel, subcontractors, program managers, and subject matter experts to develop resumes, past performance, management, and technical content
• Help maintain past performance, writing templates, and the proof points library housed in the proposal group’s online portal
• As a member of the proposal team, support and contribute to the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to enhance the efficiency and quality of the writing/editing team and overall proposal group
• Contribute artifacts to the Federal Proposal Group’s Knowledge Management Platform for reuse by business units as appropriate
• Edit proposals for spelling, typographical , and grammatical errors; proper syntax; as well as readability, ease of comprehension, and consistency
• Lead/mentor more junior writing staff
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.