Project Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
New York, NY, US
As a project manager, you will work with project teams and driving project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closure. You will manage multiple projects across different platforms; lead technical and strategic direction; and collaborate with a cross-discipline team of engineers, management, and customers to design innovative solutions for our clients. The role is a significant position that involves working with customers and other stakeholders by developing and implementing solutions in a complex, highly dynamic environment.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or directly related degree required
• PMP Certification preferred
• 7+ years of experience in IT-related project management required
• Experience with the various industries is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to perform all facets of the standard project management lifecycle, including project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closure required
• Adept at actively managing scope, risk, and client communications required
• Project Management experience planning and monitoring analytics projects using Agile/Scrum principles
• Ability to balance technical requirements with business needs
• Strong interpersonal communications skills and excellent writing and presentation skills
You will help our clients by identifying, specifying and analyzing requirements and processes, managing progress throughout the design, test and implementation process. Your ability to create innovative solutions will contribute to the success of our projects and the satisfaction of our clients.
• Manage projects on schedule and on budget
• Be responsible for all project oversight, including planning, directing and managing development resources and testing activities.
• Take initiative to coach, mentor, and orient co-workers and actively support team-based developments
• Drive the on-time delivery of complete scope while actively managing change requests and setting customer expectations
• Supervise staff with design, analysis, test planning, project work plans and estimates
• Ensure all solutions are delivered in accordance with CGI standards and methodologies
• Stay abreast of technical and industry developments
• Provide the highest quality services possible to all external and internal clients
• Assist with project estimation and System Requirements Specifications
• Be responsible for client satisfaction
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.