Problem Manager Problem Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Toronto, ON, Canada
Leadership and Management Roles
We are looking for a self-motivated, career driven, ambitious, candidate, experienced in IT service management with good communication skills and strong drive to deliver results and to grow a career in IT Infrastructure domain.
The problem manager will be managing the account’s IT Service Management (ITSM) organization. Their primary task is to prevent incidents from happening as well as minimizing the impact of incidents that can’t be prevented. The problem manager identifies, prioritizes and assigns responsibility for problems and then manages them through the entire process to solution. A key part of the role is creating and managing a knowledge base to maintain the information about known errors and workarounds for the service desk and self-service portals to use.
The problem manager is responsible for analyzing incident trends, identifying repeat incidents and determining where the application of problem-solving efforts will reap the biggest benefits for the organization. A problem manager works throughout the entire organization, leveraging other resources for knowledge, skills and assistance in the diagnostic process.
Coordination – Problem managers must understand the knowledge and skillsets throughout the organization, so they can determine which subject matter experts to engage on a problem. The problem manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of problem diagnosis and resolution.
Communication – The problem manager maintains an overview of the problem queue, updating status and keeping the affected stakeholder informed of progress.
Facilitation – The problem manager should be a key member of any team created to manage a major incident and to facilitate data collection and analysis, leading to a long-term fix for the issue. This ensures a permanent solution is investigated at the same time as the incident team is trying to resolve the immediate impact.
Other preferred Technical Skills:
• ITSM or ITIL certified
• CISM Trained or certified an advantage
• COBIT certification an added advantage
• Project management certification an added advantage
• Exposure to ITSM tools – Remedy, Service Now…etc
• Knowledge of IT Service Management practices and ITIL model especially IT Service Operation, Deisgn and Transition
Experience and strong understanding with some of the following:
• Datacenter networking
• Storage (SAN and NAS) and Backup technologies
• Physical server hardware
• Monitoring solutions
• Network Security Technologies such as (Firewalls, SecurID, ESM/VA Tools, LOG ANALYSIS, NIDS,HIDS, VPN, Authentication).
• Databases (SQL, Oracle, Sybase).
• Techniques and technologies required for High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
• Improve quality of services and solutions
• Manage organizational risks
• More efficient allocation of resources to fix problems
• Clear accountability for Continuous-Improvement activities
- Project Management
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.