Network/Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Annapolis Junction, MD, US
oin a fast paced team implementing cybersecurity solutions DoD networks in support of the warfighter missions. The position blends the knowledge of applying and integating cybersecurity and internet-working technologies.
The position is to support the Web Content Filtering (WCF) team working to secure the DISA traffic to and from NIPRNet. This position is key to engineering and maintaining the WCF logging system. The first three months would be learning the system, configuration and DISA protocols. By six months, you will be maintaining systems and supporting the team with new design and deployments. After a year, you will be designing new features, creating documentation and the main POC for deployments.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and an active DOD Secret Clearance is required.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher will be required within 30 days of employment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other computer related field
• Professional written and oral communication
• Perimeter network defense background
• Experience working with Splunk, RedHat/Unix, Dell, Palo Alto Networks, F5 Networks, and Juniper Networks products, VMWare
• Knowledge in Dell server administration and Red Hat Ansible
• Previous Federal or DoD/DISA work experience
• Understanding of a cybersecurity and networking technologies.
• Experience writing technical documents, test reports and implementation plans, desired
• Self-starter - ability to work on projects with and without support, Being able to communicate with technical teammates and explain technical information in non-technical environments
• Proactive and creative individual who can independently review information and procedures and find solutions to make work more efficient.
• Career minded - individual possesses the drive to always move forward.
• Active Learner - indivdual wants to continually learn and understand new technologies and designs. The drive to want to make systems more efficient and robust
• Splunk Certified Enterprise Security Admin or Architect
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Engineer, or Architect
• Use of Microsoft Office Suite of applications
• Understanding of Risk Management
• Understanding of the operations of traffic from an end user to the Internet (i.e. firewall, routing, networking, etc.)
Establishes network information requirements using analysis of the network engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure (CAN, MAN, WAN). Test and designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant. Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
• Troubleshoot network issues related to the WCF implementation on test and lab environment
• Provide support to Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) team
• Provide weekly vulnerability scans. Maintain vulnerability scan system for the WCF and EBI lab
• Communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with DISA partners
• Develop of test, implementation, and engineering logging system plans
• Develop of test metrics
• Complete test reports and implementation plans
• Keep the project manager informed of task accomplishment, issues and status
• Provide expert support, analysis and research into complex problems, and processes relating to the logging system
• Serve as technical consultant providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.