Network Support Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Join a fast paced team implementing cybersecurity solutions DoD networks in support of the warfighter missions. The position blends the knowledge of applying and integrating cybersecurity and internet-working technologies.
The position is to support the Web Content Filtering (WCF) team working to secure the DISA traffic to and from NIPRNet. This position is a key part of engineering, development, and testing of new products and devices. The first three months would be learning the system, configuration and DISA protocols. By six months, you will be maintaining systems and supporting the team with new design and deployments. After a year, you will be designing new features, creating documentation and the main POC for deployments.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and an active DOD Secret Clearance is required.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher will be required within 30 days of employment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other computer related field
• Availability for occasional travel (less than 20%)
• Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to succinctly summarize engineering solutions and issues
• Perimeter network defense background
• Experience working with Splunk, RedHat/Unix, Dell, Palo Alto Networks, F5 Networks, and Juniper Networks products, VMWare
• Technical writing
• Ability to identify, communicate and manage technical risks
• Ability to lift and assemble server rack components
• Previous Federal or DoD/DISA work experience
• Understanding of a cybersecurity and networking technologies.
• Experience writing technical documents, test reports and implementation plans, desired
• Self-starter - ability to work on projects with and without support, Being able to communicate with technical teammates and explain technical information in non-technical environments
• Proactive and creative individual who can independently review information and procedures and find solutions to make work more efficient.
• Career minded - individual possesses the drive to always move forward.
• Active Learner - indivdual wants to continually learn and understand new technologies and designs. The want-to make systems more efficient and robust
• Use of Microsoft Office Suite of applications
• Understanding of Risk Management
• Understanding of the operations of traffic from an end user to the Internet (i.e. firewall, routing, networking, etc.)
• CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional or CCIE
• CISSP Network Security Certification
• JNCIS-ER desired
The Tier III Network Support Engineer is responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting network issues related to DISA WCF (Web Content Filter) network. Establish network information requirements using analysis of the network engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure (CAN, MAN, WAN). This position requires the engineer to be on-site at the customer premise and must be available from 8am to 5pm ET with On-Call support 24/7. Additional responsibilities include:
• Troubleshoot network issues related to the WCF implementation on test and lab environment
• Act as a key part of engineering and testing of new products and devices. Equipment/software includes network routers, switches, firewalls, servers, network monitoring and analysis tools.
• Test and designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
• Communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with DISA partners
• Develop of test, implementation, and engineering plans
• Provides escalation support to DISA Tier II group for customer trouble tickets
• Develop test metrics
• Complete test reports and implemenation plans
• Conduct testing of malware detection products in both test and lab environments
• Provide recommendation to customer on pilot implementation on NIPRNet
• Keep the project manager informed of task accomplishment, issues and status
• Provide expert support, analysis and research into complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter
• Serve as technical consultant providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.