Network Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfax, VA, US
We are responsible for an enterprise network that encompasses multiple Data Center sites with offices across the United States. The technology we support includes a large Cisco based solution along with other technology vendors covering LAN, WAN (including SD-WAN), telecommunications and remote access.
We are looking for a Network Engineer that can work independently as well collaborate in a team environment. You should be comfortable in multiple core networking disciplines (routing, switching, wireless, voice) with deeper experience in at least one.
The right team member will be comfortable in a meeting with the leadership team, but also comfortable working with a carrier technician in one of our datacenters.
• Proven experience with enterprise level LAN, WAN design, implementation and support across all core networking focus areas
• Experience with network capacity planning ,network security, and general network management best practices
• Strong technical knowledge of current and legacy network hardware, software, protocols and internet standards
• Understanding and ability to create technical documentation, schematics and diagrams
• This role requires other duties as assigned including working "on call" shifts, nights & weekends.
• Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience or equivalent experience in lieu of education in related field or as a network administrator/engineer
• Industry standard certifications such as: CCNP or greater preferred
• Working knowledge of SD-WAN technologies
• Prior deployment experience with Cisco Expressway
• Prior experience with enterprise SIP deployments in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager environment
• Provide engineering design and implementation support for existing and new initiatives as defined in our roadmap.
• Support the overall network infrastructure; including routing, switching, wireless and VOIP in a predominantly Cisco based environment
• Create and maintain documentation on network configuration and circuit identification
• Create and maintain policies and procedures for new network deployments and network turndowns
• Collaborate with other staff to manage network capacity in support of our strategic plans
• Provide on-call support on a rotational basis and as required when critical issues arise
• Physical installation and configuration of networking equipment, including routers, switches, and other networking devices.
• Support office openings, closings and reconfiguration in various locations across the country
- Network Engineering
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.