Navigation Systems Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfax, VA, US
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced Navigation Systems Software Engineer to join our team, developing high quality and cutting-edge software products for our federal government clients in the space industry. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to join our team in Fairfax, VA, and grow your career with the 5th largest IT services provider in the world. In exchange for your committed efforts toward success, we’re offering a competitive salary, a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, and paid vacation.
• Bachelor's degree or technical diploma in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar field of study
• 3+ years of experience in software development using C/C++ and MATLAB
• Experience building robust software that handles real-world sensor data, that has a proven track record on successfully fielded systems.
• Exposure to using data for state estimation and/or localization
• Experience with ROS, ROS2 or other robotics middleware
• Experience with software design and development for automotive, industrial, or aerospace/military applications with proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional engineering team environment
• Experience developing software which meets functional safety and/or space flight requirements
• Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
• Familiarity with GPS, GNSS, and other forms of navigation / localization
• Familiarity with orbital mechanics, estimation theory, Kalman Filtering
• Familiarity with software defined radios and RF engineering, specific experience with GNU Radio and/or GNSS-SDR is a plus
• Proficient in scripting languages, such as bash and Python
• Knowledge of SPI, Ethernet, and CAN communication protocols
As a Navigation Systems Software Engineer you will support the software development of our space and ground systems projects. Our development team will build software to enable an industry-first commercial navigation satellite system, from large-scale simulations to hardware-in-the-loop testing.
• Design and development of state-of-the-art software for next generation commercial navigation satellite systems
• Participate in software design and development using C/C++ and MATLAB in a Linux environment (e.g. using ROS or ROS2) towards embedded real-time operating systems (e.g. RTOS) for ground demonstrations and beyond
• Work with domain experts to implement novel algorithms and schema for navigation and estimation
• Support the system integration on the project, debugging software and hardware in the loop testing with flight hardware in a lab environment
- Systems Engineering
- Embedded Software Development
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.