Monitoring Tool Management - Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Montréal, QC, Canada
We are looking for a senior consultant who will be responsible for developing and efficiently managing monitoring solutions to do operation system monitoring, network & telecom devices monitoring, data collection and reporting as a whole. He will be responsible for the further development of our monitoring services and related tools. He will be able to work in complex and high-level environments. He must be able to work under difficult conditions and could be on call when necessary.
As a developer, you will be asked to collaborate on several major initiatives of our business unit. This role requires communication and interaction with multiple internal and external clients to ensure that each of the modules, solutions, and monitoring tools interact appropriately with others. The developer must also solve problems and develop new solutions and improvements to achieve the targeted results. If you have experience in monitoring tools, developing information technology, Web, programming and are enthusiastic about continuous learning, we'd love to know you.
• Fundamentals of services and monitoring tools in a technology mode
• Knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems
• Knowledge of fundamental principles of network communications and firewalls
• Experience with standard databases
• Advanced knowledge and practical experience of PERL, Python, in a development environment
• Ability to quickly translate and browse new code from a different development style
• Good communication skills (oral and written), both in French and in English
• Knowledge of monitoring tools (eg, Zabbix, BMC, SCOM)
• Self-employed requiring little supervision beyond initial scope expectations and requirements transfer
• Ability for application-level support, migration, and deployment activities
• Knowledge of data integration tools (eg, Pentaho or Talend)
• Good knowledge of big data concepts (eg Hadoop or Map Reduce)
• Results-oriented person with a convincing record of successful deliveries
• Participation and external networking in industry forums to share best practices and gain competitive intelligence
Studies and certification
• Baccalaureate focused on information technology, or equivalent
All CGI job postings are conditional on satisfactory results of the background investigation. The elements of the background investigation may vary depending on the assignment, or the security classification of the requested government. Due to the nature of government contract requirements or security requirements, citizenship is required.
• Participate in task planning and support team leaders in coordinating activities
• Discover and document customer requirements
• Design software modules linking to monitoring tools that interact with large projects
• Participate in the development of monitoring application elements according to the team's best practices
• Perform unit tests of the elements developed and conduct other tests in accordance with the methods and procedures used by the team
• Implement the monitoring modules
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.
Learn more at: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers