Mid-Jr. Java Dev. (Spring Boot, Microservices) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Herndon, VA, US
CGI has an immediate need for a Mid-Level Java Developer to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
CGI is seeking a mid- level Java Developer Join a fast paced agile team working on cloud migration. Looking for strong backend JAVA developers with Spring Boot experience.
AWS certification or some hands-on AWS implementation experience
• Any experience on AWS services like Fargate ECS, S3, Cloudwatch, Postgres, SQS, SNS, AWS Batch
• Development experience with Spring Data, Spring Integration and JPA/Hibernate
• Scripting experience using bash, shell or python
• Experience working in Agile environment, preferably SAFe
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Professional certification(s) and/or a Post-graduate degree is desired
• 1 to 4 years of development experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• 1+ years of development experience with Java 8, Spring boot, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security and REST Web Services is a must.
• Competent in distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.|
• Advanced proficiency in unit testing/Mockito as well as coding in Java 8 and Spring Boot technologies
• Experience in testing automation using Junit/Mockito, Cucumber
• Hands-On experience with database development sing SQL
• Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment
• Experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle
• Good communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in coding in Java 8, Spring Boot technologies as well as unit testing/Mockito experience
• Work on cloud transformation effort, move application components to AWS, update code, create/run CICD pipeline
• Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
• Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Leverage client DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy in cloud platform, test and promote new or updated features.
- Java Enterprise Editions JEE
- JUNIT Framework
- REST Webservices
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.