Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I) - EOIR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sacramento, CA, US
Less than 1 year
CGI Federal is seeking a Legal Assistant to support the Department of Justice Executive Office of Immigration Review.
• Inputs case information in database management system.
• Assists immigration judge in court hearings with administrative duties, e.g., distribute
documents to parties, receive documents from parties, print out judge’s order, update case
management system, etc.
• Covers front window in lobby area.
• Answers phones.
• Maintains records of proceedings.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Any combination of related experience as an administrative assistant, paralegal, legal
secretary, program assistant or related field.
• Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP, WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3,
Excel, and Quattro Pro.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to successfully complete a CGI Background Investigation to include, 50 State
Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks to start employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Moderate Risk
Public Trust) to start employment.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required.
• Possible travel (depends on the needs of the business)
• Some bending and lifting may be required (able to lift approx.. 30 lbs)
• Possible filing may be required.
• This is an expected 40 hour work week position
This job description is not all inclusive, there may be other job responsibilities that may arise outside of what is listed above.
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.