Java Backend Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Boston, MA, US
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
If you are an experienced hands-on Software engineer with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we want to talk to you. You will have an opportunity to work with top Financial Services companies using your technical and leadership skills to develop digital solutions in an Agile environment.
• Experience with Spring and Spring Boot is mandatory.
• Hands on experience developing PL/SQL and database objects.
• Knowledgeable in designing solutions leveraging Microservices Architecture and experience in developing applications utilizing 12 factor app methodology.
• Experience working in a fast paced Agile software development environment with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
• Excellent communication skills
• Independent to work in a remote environment
• Eager to learn new topics
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors degree
• Detailed Design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and aligned to overall Architecture.
• Develop PL/SQL and database objects. Core work is in business tier with Java technologies (about 70-80%) and the rest in database object development.
• Interact with business analysts and business partners for technical analysis and solution design.
• Participate in design reviews.
• Implement RESTful micro services.
• Participate in CI/CD activities.
• Work with global team of developers.
- SQL/PL SQL
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.