IT Security Advisor Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cyber Security Consulting
Regina, SK, Canada
Join us and put your career into high-gear!
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the Managed Security Services (MSS) team as an Information Technology Security Advisor.
The successful candidate is a technical IT Security professional who will be the security prime for one or more enterprise clients. The Security Advisor is a key member of the service delivery team working with clients and internal CGI technical teams to ensure that the overall security requirements are met as well as to continually evolve the security roadmap with the client.
The successful candidate has experience working directly with clients, possesses a deep understanding of enterprise level infrastructure, and is able to pull together technical experts from various teams. The Security Advisor is a self-starter who works effectively with minimal supervision in a highly dynamic environment.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of directly related IT experience with at least five (5) years of security experience. (Related post-secondary education would be an asset).
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills and experience communicating effectively with clients, vendors and colleagues.
• Experience presenting technical information to clients, explaining how it meets their needs and the balance of ensuring security.
• Strong understanding of security policies, procedures and meeting audit/compliance requirements.
• Strong teamwork skills for cross-group cooperation.
• Working knowledge of various network and security technologies such as: Intrusion Prevention/Detection, File Integrity Monitoring, Firewall, VPN, Securing Routers/Switch, Vulnerability Management, Patch Management, Log Management, End Point Security and Strong Authentication.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complexities and how components connect and relate to each other.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clear and concise security documentation.
• Self-motivated; ability to work with limited supervision.
• Excellent time-management skills; ability to prioritize workload.
• Ability to deal with aggressive timelines and the associated pressure.
• Ability to speak and write clearly in fluent English.
• Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Enhanced Reliability.
• Security certifications such as: CISSP, SANS GIAC such as GCFW, GCIA, GCWN.
• Experience overseeing a vulnerability management program/service.
• Experience conducting requirements analysis and architecting complex technical solutions.
• Strong knowledge of networking protocols.
• Technical security lead for one or more enterprise level clients; becomes a trusted advisor to clients.
• Develop a solid operational understanding of the client’s environment and security services and security requirements, including the operation of each business service and how security services have been implemented across the infrastructure.
• Works effectively with all CGI teams that are part of the service delivery and has a solid knowledge base of the infrastructure configuration as it pertains to the security components (e.g. Firewall, VPN, IDS/IPS, SIEM).
• Provides security advice and guidance to clients.
• Works with clients and CGI Security and Operations teams for implementation of new or updated security technologies and services.
• Reviews weekly/monthly vulnerability assessment reports and actions as required to ensure vulnerabilities are remediated on a regular basis as defined by the client.
• Validates baseline security configurations for the network and systems as required.
• Monitors that security patches relevant to the IT environment are applied.
• Assists the Security Operations team as required with investigation and remediation activities for security incidents as defined by the Incident Management process.
• Works with clients to assist as required with creation and updates to security standards, policies, and procedures and manages changes to policies and procedures.
• Works with clients and CGI Audit and Compliance teams to support audit requirements.
• Performs control and vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and recommends remedial action.
• Given the nature of this role, occasional after-hours work may be necessary.
- Security Assessment
- Security Architecture
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.
Learn more at: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers