Intermediate / Senior Java Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Edmonton, AB, Canada
CGI is the World’s 5th largest independent IT and business process services company. We provide high-end business and IT Consulting, Systems Integration and IT & Business Management services. CGI has offices in 40 countries consulting to clients in the sectors of Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities and Oil & Gas. We are a proven and demonstrated success, achieving an industry-leading track record of on-time, on-budget projects and innovative solutions.
CGI’s Applications Maintenance Services (AMS) team is responsible for providing development and support services to our clients. This position is to work with one of our largest and most established Edmonton clients. You will work at the CGI office in downtown Edmonton as a member our large team of IT professionals.
We are looking for experienced Java Developers to join one of our ongoing support teams. This position will challenge you to develop your technical, analysis, leadership and interpersonal skills. You will also have an opportunity to gain experience with industry leading methodologies for systems development and quality assurance (ISO 20000, ITIL, etc.).
- 5- 8 years’ of progressive related applications development experience including scoping/estimation, requirements analysis, development, testing and implementation in an Enterprise environment;
- 5 -8 years’ of experience writing, maintaining and reviewing code with Java and WebSphere;
- Experience in analysis, design, and development of large and complex applications;
- Excellent oral and written communication and documentation skills;
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Balances workload involving new activities and changing priorities;
- Good interpersonal skills and develops trusting relationships with co-workers and clients;
- Understands and improves operational efficiencies and processes;
- Adds value to all aspects of the Service Delivery Life Cycle;
- Works well in a team environment;
- Performs successfully under limited supervision;
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience integrating data with SQL and navigating an Intel environment;
- Experience with any: J2EE, DB2, SQL, Unix, HL7, Master Data Management;
- Experience working directly with clients in a Professional Services organization;
- Java development / architecture / design certifications;
- Experience with applications architecture and design.
- Design, estimate, code, test and implement complex applications within an Enterprise environment;
- Participate in business case analysis / design and preparation of detailed specifications of programs where needed;
- Work within defined processes and methodologies;
- Interact with clients of various levels and managing client expectations in terms of functionality, schedule, and quality;
- Articulate alternatives and recommendations to clients; responding to their needs and challenges;
- Provide mentoring to more junior members.
- Java Enterprise Editions JEE
- Communication (Oral/Written)
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.
Learn more at: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers