Financial Technical Writer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Falls Church, VA, US
Business Analysis (functional and technical)
CGI is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Federal organization. As a member of the team, you will work as a Financial Technical Writer to assist a defense agency in providing support for execution, programming, budgeting, and financial management systems support to optimize efficiency of all resources and activities required to ensure operational functionality.
Work is located on client site in Falls Church, Virginia.
Per Federal stipulation, Active Secret Clearance required.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in DoD Financial Management – including the following:
o DoD operations for budget formulation
o DoD policies and guidelines (PFPA preferred)
o DoD process improvement and project management
o Knowledgeable in DoD financial management and accounting systems, regulations, and publications
o Knowledgeable in DoD financial management law, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)and the DODFMR
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Experience supporting Federal Financial Management business operations and experience specific to Technical Writing
• Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
• Must be fully fluent in MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Must be fluent in Federal Finance and Accounting Laws and Regulations
• Provide financial management and financial management system written material and instructions for DoD’s Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) financial management regulations and operating procedures.
• Create standard operating procedures and pamphlets for internal financial management, operations for budget formulation, budget execution, civilian pay role, and general financial management process and procedures supporting the overarching PFPA Financial Management Division.
• Work with PFPA Financial Management Officer, Budget Execution, and Budget Formulation support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
• Ensure that all products and services provided are consistent with PFPA policy, with other information presented by the PFPA client, with style requirements of PFPA, and are written at the appropriate level for the intended audience.
• Prepare original papers, articles, or reports based on research and interviews with experts and program officials at the PFPA agency.
• Develop Master Schedule with list of taskings/deliverables
• Provide weekly status reports, manage project timelines, identify key project members and facilitate project team meetings
• Plan, develop, and edit operational desktop procedures and manuals
• Resarch, develop and document new processes within the business
• Maintain a comprehensive library of documentation of actions and progression
• Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
• Manage updates and revisions to documents: version control, periodic review, updates to accommodate system changes
• Track all required attestation and signoffs from business partners
• Manage project timelines
• Deliver effective communication of project progress and issues to key stakeholder on a consistent basis
• Ensure documents (templates, content, ISSO) meet requirements of outstanding audit requirements
• Maintain consistent use of project templates – including agendas, meeting minutes, and project plans
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.