Federal Financials Subject Matter Expert Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfax, VA, US
The Subject Matter Expert will join a horizontal team responsible for industry outreach, providing account delivery expertise and supporting business development opportunities. The SME will assist with a variety of related initiatives and tasks related to federal budgeting, acquisitions, or financials. Expertise should span the breadth of products in the market, implementation (how the products are used in a production setting), related government policy and guidance, and industry best practices.
• 6+ years in working with federal clients around financials system management (i.e. Momentum Financials, Oracle, SAP)
• Extensive knowledge of the federal financials processes, directives, instructions, program guidance documents, and milestone processes.
• Accounting Experience and/or CPA, CGFM preferred
• Prior experience in implementing federal financial system for an agency
• Problem solver along with ability to multi task
• Prior consulting experience in any of the following areas:
• Business process improvement,
• Financial management policies and procedures,
• Financial system integrations
• Work independently and across many initiatives at once
• Proven client management skills,
• Experience in requirements gathering and BPR analysis
• Ability to travel to different client sites in the DC Metro area
• Knowledge and experience in Momentum highly desired
• Identifying and defining requirements of specific technical, training, and support areas for different federal financial programs and projects.
• Managing across the project lifecycle including assisting with scope definition, business case development, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, training, and implementation phases
• Reviewing and evaluating Federal financials or acquisition business processes
- Momentum Financials
- Financial Mgmt
- Accting Procure to Pay Spec
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.