Director Consulting Services - Utilities Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Detroit, MI, US
Leadership and Management Roles
As the Director of Consulting Services, - Utilities you will have senior responsibility to develop, implement and maintain a strategic account sales plan designed to grow revenue volume from within existing and new accounts. The Director of Consulting Services will be responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of the sales and delivery process.
• Definitive point of view on utilities, and how Asset and Resource management works, how energy efficiency, and metering programs are moving to cloud, and the renewed focus on customer based interactions/ billings/ transactional relationship management with ERP (SAP and or Oracle ERP aptitude with background in Utilities a desired strength)
• Passion for sales, and understanding the utilities industries. Any prior established sales successes, in a somewhat tepid environment and turning around organic growth by delivery excellence is helpful
• Has been an account rep/ has done sizeable business with them/ Account executive / has been one in past to understand the way utilities relationships work (which are different than other types of industries/ relationship management)
• Strong ambition to grow in the organization, and hunger to grow the handful of accounts
• 10+ years of leadership skills involving software development management in a large-scale environment including integration, deployment, and maintenance support
• Demonstrated coaching or consulting skills, especially at the senior or executive management level
• In depth understanding on the full life-cycle of software development projects, including managing the planning, executing, tracking and managing costs, schedule and scope
• Experience in distributed managing teams across geographies (delivery team in India/ and different time zones/ understanding of offshore delivery model)
• Strong client management/relationship skills
• Strong people skills – able to interact and work effectively with a variety of people including executive business clients, senior client technology managers, technologists, analysts, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, especially with regards to presenting findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
• High-level background in modern application development and management technologies
• Hands-on approach to working with people, resolving issues, leading agile processes, working client business and IT stakeholders.
• Mixed (evolving) agile and waterfall process implementation and adherence, quality planning and practice for projects delivered
• Project delivery under stringent timelines and high pressure
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Business or relevant discipline, Master’s Degree preferred/ or MBA/ with understanding of Electrical transmission, distribution, and utility retail faculties
Manage and coordinate teams delivering a multi-faceted programs in Utilities, (Asset and Resource Management, Energy Efficiency tracking, ERP integration to Salesforce/or CRM based Customer Billing systems management) including defining project goals and scope, agile software development, client relationship management, managing project scope, expectations, plan and budget. Also, support for ongoing organic sales, budgeting, staff management, project status monitoring, training, recruiting and the management and review of project deliverables.
- Business Development / Sales
- Communication (Oral/Written)
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.