DevOps Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bloomfield, CT, US
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a DevOps Engineer?
CGI is seeking a DevOps Engineer who can bring in expertise and industry best practices, guide the team in terms of infrastructure required for the web application team to function, improve process flow, define better design approaches. The position can be in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette LA! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
This DevOps Engineer will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
· Work with technical development team and team lead to understand desired application capabilities.
· Continuously improve software engineering practices.
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
This position requires:
• Solid understanding and experience in DevOps, and familiar with industry best practices.
• Be able to build CICD Pipelines, Debug pipeline issues.
• Be able to debug infrastructure related issues.
• Be proficient in Dockers, containerization.
• Experience in Kubernetes clusters, Infrastructure templates, Helm charts, Openshift(a plus)
• Knowledge in AWS/GCP/Azure or any other cloud technologies is a plus.
• Experience in enterprise logging/monitoring tools like Splunk.
• Experience in Jenkins, Cloudbees, and knowledge about automated build and deployment management tools.
• Experience working in an enterprise (a plus)
• You dream in Unix and bash (a plus)
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
DevOps 5+ Expert
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of eight years’ experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
What CGI Offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
•Work on a variety of development projects as a DevOps engineer.
•Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements
•Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
•Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects
•Support other team members in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in automation testing of developed systems/solutions
•Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
•Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
•Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.