Development/Engineering Intern – Campus Recruiting Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Birmingham, AL, US
Are you interested in spending your summer gaining valuable real-world hands-on technical and business consulting experience? Are you eager to explore an exciting career in the field of Information Technology? If so, joining CGI’s Internship Program as a Development/Engineering Intern could be a great opportunity for you.
As an Intern at CGI, you will join one of our many teams and be given the opportunity to make a direct impact on a broad range of projects and help to co-create and deliver successful solutions to our clients in a collaborative team setting. Here, you can explore your full potential – not confined by borders or pre-defined paths. You’re empowered to solve problems and brainstorm ideas in your own unique way.
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
• Create systems design utilizing client requirements
• Applications development and computer programming
• Database maintenance and configuration management
• Software installs, technical testing and reporting
What you’ll need:
• Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college pursuing bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
• A great attitude and desire for learning
• Excellent problem solving, written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
What you’ll gain:
• Involvement in a team oriented atmosphere
• Involvement in the technical components of a client project
• Exposure to business issues and challenges
• Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
Join our global company of owners, shape the direction of our company and make a positive impact on the communities we call home.
The best version of us starts with you. And the best version of you starts here.
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest independent IT and business consulting services firms in the world. With approximately 77,500 consultants and other professionals across the globe, CGI delivers an end-to-end portfolio of capabilities, from strategic IT and business consulting to systems integration, managed IT and business process services and intellectual property solutions. CGI is looking for talented individuals to join the team and work with clients through a local relationship model complemented by a global delivery network that helps clients digitally transform their organizations and accelerate results. With Fiscal 2019 reported revenue of C$12.1 billion, CGI shares are listed on the TSX (GIB.A) and the NYSE (GIB). Learn more at cgi.com/UScareers.
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.