Delivery Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Baltimore, MD, US
CGI Federal is seeking a Delivery Project Manager for our Social Security Administration (SSA) program in Baltimore, MD. We are looking for a seasoned Project Manager with experience in managing the delivery team and building relationship with the clients, and growing the business.
The current program supports multiple offices at SSA involving variety of technologies. The successful candidate must have experience in understanding the staffing requirements and placing right resources for a particular office based on the business need. The candidate will be responsible for the management of the delivery team, program financials, staffing, client relationship, key partner relationship, ongoing communication, risk mitigation, issue resolutions and ongoing progress reporting.
• A minimum of 10 years of project management, business development and strategy experience
• Experience with supporting Social Security Administration or similar large organizations
• Must be able to work on-site in Baltimore, Maryland
• Demonstrated history of successful delivery management on a large program.
• Ability to recognize and respond to customer needs in order to develop additional sales that support CGI’s objectives.
• Demonstrated mastery of consulting and interacting at the senior management and executive level
• Attention to detail, and strong communication, negotiation, client facing and client relationship building skills.
• Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with all customer stakeholders, particularly from a service focus, service quality standpoint.
• Experience in defining proposal strategy, leading proposal teams, analyzing and shaping RFPs, producing and delivering winning proposals.
• Personal Characteristics
o Strong, proactive leadership capabilities.
o Results-oriented with a strong track record of delivering for their team.
o Patience and people skills to achieve effective progress, anticipate problems, and keep
project and pursuit activities moving forward.
• Demonstrated experience leading a project towards targeted financial goals
• Excellent leadership and team development skills (to include coaching and mentoring), with the ability to motivate and lead while adapting leadership style to a variety of situations
• PMP Certification preferred
• Project Management
• Communication (Oral/Written)
• Customer Service & Support
• Business Development
• Management of the delivery team and performance of team members
• Understanding staffing requirements based on the client’s need, identifying right resources either from CGI, external hire or partners
• Coach, mentor and orient team members
• Relationship with clients and key partners
• Identification of new opportunities within your client’s office or other offices
• Management of risks and issues
• Look for opportunities to increase service levels
• Leads teams in creating proactive solution offerings for client presentation.
• Regular meetings with clients and team
• Identification of innovation to improve the service delivery
• Management of program financials
• Participate in the new business development activities including developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Responsible for client and team member satisfaction
- Project Management
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.