Data Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bloomfield, CT, US
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a Data Engineer?
CGI is looking for a strong Data Engineer for Healthcare Client to work in Bloomfield, CT.
• The team’s scope is to ensure that all the data related Pharmacy is Integrated in the Clients Corporate Warehouse and available for Analytics and reporting capabilities supporting the Business areas across the Enterprise. Data will also be persisted on Big Data HADOOP Platform. Team will be focused on Data Analysis, Unified Data Design, Business and Test driven Development, Deployment with focuses on Continuous Improvement Continuous Delivery (CICD).
• Conduct unit testing and participate with system testing as required. Knowledge with Test Driven Development is strongly preferred.
• Fill out required documentation such as installation instructions and follow Client standards and procedures.
• Anticipate customers’ analytic needs and proactively conceptualize and champion high-value Business Intelligence solutions.
• Actively support products by providing prompt responses to customer problems and inquiries. Make the customer’s experience first priority in all.
• Provide on-call support duties for Application Production Support, which could include off hours and weekends.
• Keep the Production Support team management informed of any issues or concerns.
• Participate/Assist with deployments to all environments including Production (which could occur after hours).
New development and support task responsibilities as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
This position requires:
Technical Skill set required:
1. Knowledge of Data Warehousing and Data Integration Concepts is MUST
2. Strong Data Analysis skills and “I Love Data" Data Mindset
3. Understanding Data Modeling concepts
4. 3+ Years in Teradata or Oracle or related DB experience
5. 3+ years writing Advanced SQL knowledge and ability to tune queries
6. 1+ years in Python or strong coding background in 1-language is a must – C/C++ or JAVA
Good to Have:
7. Experience with HADOOP / Big Data
8. Experience writing ETL
9. GIT – Version control,
10. UNIX/LINUX and shell scripting is a Plus
11. Knowledge of Pharmacy and Healthcare experience is a Plus.
12. Knowledge of Cloud Computing is a Plus.
Soft Skill set required:
1. Positive can do attitude
2. Good Team player
3. Self-learner and strong problem solving skills
4. Work Collaboratively
As a Data Engineer , this team member will have a superior software development background that will facilitate design and development of technical solutions for new and existing Business Intelligence applications. Interacts with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software applications. Technical solutions and supporting deliverables will be constructed to enable our Healthcare IT client to accomplish their business objectives. This position is on a team that is responsible for providing technical Business Intelligence solutions.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.