Cyber Security Consultant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cyber Security Consulting
Calgary, AB, Canada
CGI Western Canada is looking for a Cyber Security Consultant who will work with multiple clients in a variety of industries on Cyber Security Services. The position can be based in Calgary, Edmonton, Regina or Vancouver.
The Cyber Security Consultant is part of a team responsible for the growth of our security consulting services for OT and IT. In this role you will work within a diverse team and support the delivery of consulting services to multiple clients in the western Canadian market. This includes services such as Red team engagements, Pen Testing and more. The Cyber Security Consultant has a base knowledge of IT and OT security concepts and has an aptitude to learn quickly.
• More than 5 years of Information Technology experience, with at least 3 years in Cyber Security, demonstrating practical experience.
• Post-secondary degree or college diploma/certificate in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related Information Technology programs.
• Client relations skills
• Knowledge of Security technologies and controls.
• Experience administering & configuring Linux/UNIX and or Windows based devices, including Active Directory, Exchange and DNS.
• Hands-on experience with one or more industry leading vulnerability scanners.
• Capable programmer in Python and PowerShell.
• Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills.
• Team player willing to share knowledge and learn from others.
• Minimal supervision, work autonomously, take ownership
• Good time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to deal with aggressive timelines and the associated pressure.
• Ability to speak and communicate clearly from a technical perspective, to users and also at the management level
• Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation in English.
• Must have a strong sense of curiosity and a passion for Cyber Security
• Knowledge and experience with common pentesting tools including Burp Suite, Zed Attack Proxy, Metasploit, GoBuster, Nmap, tcpdump, Armitage, Maltego, etc.
• Security certifications: OSCP, CEH, GIAC GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN or GAWN. For GIAC industrial cyber security GICSP, GRID and/or GCIP.
• General knowledge of common security technologies and how those technologies work together
• Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of industry trends and strategies to stay current
• Ability to deal with aggressive timelines and the associated pressure
• Ability to speak, write and communicate clearly and effectively in fluent English
• Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Level 1 (Enhanced Reliability Clearance - ERC)
• Familiarity with OT cybersecurity including NIST CSF, ISA/IEC 62443 and NERC.
• Understanding of information security frameworks such as ISO 27001, COBIT.
• Strong knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK and OWASP
• Familiarity with PCI, MITS, ITSG 33 or other compliance requirements.
• Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Level II (Secret).
• Ability to perform Pen testing for various clients
• Assist in creating presentations for both external (client) and internal (other CGI employees and teams)
• Technical writing in support of opportunity response (RFI, RFP etc.)
• Attend internal learning sessions to build more Cyber Security capabilities
• Participate in Proof of Concept activities internally and with clients
• Maintain awareness of trends in IT and OT security technology and regulatory requirements
• Represent CGI at conferences and events
• Collaboration with other CGI Security teams in geographically dispersed regions
• Analyze and Respond to vulnerability inquiries and vulnerability reports.
• Research threats and attack vectors that impact web applications and infrastructure.
• Assess new and existing applications and system deployments for vulnerabilities and design flaws, and prioritize remediation efforts based on risk.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Vulnerability Testing (IAVT)
- Vulnerability Assessment(IAVA)
- Proposal Dev & Solutions
- Proposal Dev & Solutions
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.
Learn more at: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers