Contracts Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfax, VA, US
Full life-cycle contract administration responsibilities, which as a minimum, includes oversight of detailed financial/funding requirements of multi-CLIN contracts that have a combination of contract types and services by CLIN, RFP/RFQ analysis, subsequent proposal preparation review/support, negotiations, post-award contract set-up and administration, and contract closeouts, all in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer/contract specifications. Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills is a must.
• Administration of U.S. Government contracts from cradle to grave based upon a thorough knowledge of contracting procedures, acquisition principles, regulations, and guidelines applicable to Federal Government agencies. Preference given to candidates with Federal Civilian Agency experience.
• Candidate must be capable of identifying potential contractual problem areas early on, assessing alternate courses of corrective action and recommending satisfactory solutions.
• Working knowledge of Excel and MSWord is required; familiarity with Deltek's Costpoint software is a plus.
• Assists with duties related to proposal activities.
• Establishes and maintains formal active and inactive contract/subcontract/agreement records repository within CGI Federal's Contract Management System and other internal repositories as required.
• Interfaces on a daily basis with CGI Federal management, support organizations, project personnel, government acquisitions professionals, and other contractors.
• Assists with the preparation of subcontract documents and Teaming, Consultant, and Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc. as needed.
• Assists in the preparation, coordination, and production of formal cost/price proposals in response to requirements of Government solicitations, to include support to the subcontracts group as needed.
May be assigned contracts using Service Contract Act based personnel, therefore experience with Service Contract Act principles is a plus, as is experience with Performance Based Contracting principles.
BA/BS plus minimum 7 years relevant experience. Additional years relevent experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
Must have excellent analytical skills, effective written and oral communication skills, effective negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Must understand the broader impact of proposed or awarded work and contract terms on the company, be able to identify and resolve complex contracts issues and advise program staff and management of contractual rights and obligations.
Applicant must have a strong working knowledge of contract administration principles and possess working knowledge of U. S. Government procurement regulations (FAR/Agency Regs, as applicable).
Ability to directly and professionally interact and negotiate with government acquisitions personnel, and teaming partner personnel.
Demonstrated ability to identify issues and problems on assigned contracts and make independent recommendations to direct supervisor(s), program staff, and business unit management.
The position requires the individual to work closely and develop good working relationships with Contracting Officers externally, and all internal stakeholders by establishing routine, professional communications, both verbally and in writing. Will be required to have collaborative and daily interaction with these individuals, including program staff, finance/pricing, legal, and contracts/subcontracts/procurement team members, as we strive to have a very collaborative working environment.
Successful candidate will be responsible for assigned agency(s) contracts, procurement submissions, and will also be responsible for maintenance of contract data in company database(s), contract files, and the submission of ad-hoc reporting as needed.
Will be responsible for collaborating with proposal teams on proposal efforts for new competitive and sole source procurements for follow-on work or other pursuits as assigned. Will also be responsible for detailed review and collaboration on smaller non-competitive responses, to include ROM estimates and RFI responses, including final submission and correspondence with the government’s designated acquisitions workforce as applicable.
Will be expected to be mature, professional, and have the ability to think independently to resolve problems using proactive concepts, techniques, standards, and apply a general business acumen as it applies to contract management.
Current/previous experience with Federal Civilian Agencies is preferred;
Focused experience with Professional/IT/Technical services is preferred, with some experience with Cloud based offerings, Software licenses, etc. a plus.
Professional Contracts certification or related coursework will be considered a plus;
Current/previous experience working with the full range of Contract types (e.g. Cost-Type, T&M, Fixed Price) to include performance based contracting, and GWAC and GSA Schedule Contracting will be considered a plus.
Some experience with quasi-Federal organizations is a plus (FDIC, IMF, Holocaust Museum, Corporation for National and Community Service, Institutes of Peace, USAC, etc.)
Current/Previous experience with SCA Contracts is a plus.
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.