Application Development Support Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfax, VA, US
Fairfax, VA or Belton, TX
This Application Management role is part of the Credit Managed Services Application team and will support the Collections360 suite of products across diverse technologies which include both online and batch java components. Since these are existing applications, candidate must demonstrate ability to adapt to existing application structure and components and coming up the learning curve, so as to be productive quickly.
• Java language and coding techniques:
o Java online and batch processing
o Basic Linux skills (navigating Linux file systems, changing permissions, editing files, sorts, finds, etc.)
o Linux scripting
o Web Services / WSDL
o SQL and database tools/Oracle preferred
o Batch scripting - e.g., shell scripting, ant scripting
• Application Servers exposure
• JBOSS EAP 6 or 7
• IBM WebSphere Application Server
• Tools: Standard Microsoft Office Suite
• CGI Credit Applications (CACS, CAS, Strata, Web Promises) (nice to have)
• User interface standards and design
• Basic mainframe skills (working in Mainframe environment for 2+ years)
• Familiarity and use of Secure coding standards & techniques
• LDAP Authentication Integration, Certificate Management
• Experience with Schedulers (Autosys, ZEKE, Skybot)
• Oracle database – understanding schemas, SQL statements, utilities, SQL Plus , SQL Developer
• DB2 database – binds, SQL statements, plans, packages, utilities, SPUFI
• ESMTO (MicroFocus Cobol and CiCS)
• Subversion (change control tool)
• Changeman (change control tool)
• Various output facilities (TRIMS, SAR, etc.)
• SSL Certificates
As a member of a geographically dispersed team, there is an expectation to be able to work both independently and with other team members via remote means. Candidate must demonstrate comfort with proactively reaching out to other team members for advice and assistance as needed.
Additionally, strong problem solving, investigative, analytical, debugging, and technical skills are required as there are a broad set of components in the solutions, and dexterity across the component set is needed. When resolving issues, in addition to tracking down the problem, the ability to develop a solution, implement it, test, and document results in a meaningful way is required. Experience with production application operations and an understanding of general principles of systems support desirable.
Strong communication skills (written and oral) are needed as routine interaction with clients and project teams is normal business operation. Position is to provide production support so requires occasional after-hours and weekend work and participating in rotation of 24/7 on-call schedule.
- Java Enterprise Editions JEE
Who We Are
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you. Explore CGI—your next career.
Learn more at: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers